We take data protection very seriously and respect the privacy of our customers as well as visitors to our website in every respect. We treat all personal data confidentially and observe your interests worth being protected in line with the applicable data protection provisions.
The following will give you an overview of which information we store on our website during your visit and how this is used.
Information about the collection of personal data
1) The following will inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that is personally related to you, such as name, address, email addresses, user behaviour. When consenting to our data protection provisions, you declare that you agree to the following regulations.
2) Person responsible in accordance with Article 4 No. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Mera Tiernahrung GmbH, Industriestraße 16, 47623 Kevelaer, email@example.com, (see our legal notice) (hereafter: Mera). You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) When making contact with us by email or via a contact form, the data disclosed by you (your email address, where necessary your name and telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We will delete the data collected in this context once storage is no longer necessary, or we restrict its circulation if there are statutory storage obligations.
4) In case we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our services or we would like to use your data for commercial purposes, we will inform you below in detail about the respective processes. We will also stipulate the specified criteria for the storage duration.
Collection of personal data when visiting our website
When using our website for merely information purposes, in other words if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we shall only collect the personal data that your browser transfers to our servers. If you would like to view our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us in order to display our website to you as well as ensuring stability and security (legal basis is Article 6 Paragraph 1 p.1 lit. f. GDPR):
– IP address
– Date and time of the request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the request (specific page)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Amount of data transferred in each case
– Website from which the request originates
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
The data are also stored in our system’s log files. This data shall not be stored together with other personal data belonging to the user.
The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and the log files is Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit f GDPR.
The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary in order enable the delivery the website to the user’s computer. Therefore, the user’s IP address must remain stored for the duration of the session. Storage takes place in log files in order to guarantee the functionality of the website. Moreover, the data enables us to optimise the website and ensure that our systems are secure. An evaluation of the data for marketing purposes does not take place in this context. For this purpose, we also have a legitimate interest in data processing according to Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR.
1) Cookies will be saved on your computer when using our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on the hard disk assigned to the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the institution that sets the cookie (here by us). Cookies cannot run any programmes or transfer viruses to your computer. They are intended to make the website as a whole more user-friendly and more effective.
2) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and way of functioning is explained below:
– Transient cookies (see a)
– Persistent cookies (see b)
a) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. These store a so-called session ID, which can be used to assign various requests from your browser to the joint session. This makes it possible to recognise your computer when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
b) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified duration, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in your browser’s security settings at any time.
3) You can configure your browser setting in line with your wishes and reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies, for example. Please be advised that you might not be able to use all of the functions of this website.
1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter so that we can inform you about our latest interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are designated in the declaration of consent.
2) We use the so-called double opt-in process for registering with our newsletter. That means that following your registration, we will send you an email to the specified email address with a request to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted. Moreover, we store the IP addresses you use and the dates of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to verify your registration and to clarify any misuse of your personal data.
3) Mandatory disclosure for sending the newsletter is merely your email address. The disclosure of other, separately marked data is voluntary and is used to personally address you and to adapt the newsletter to your interests. Following your confirmation, we shall store your email address and data provided on a voluntary basis for the purpose of sending the newsletter. Legal basis is Article 6 Paragraph 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR.
4) You can revoke your consent to sending the newsletter and unsubscribe from it at any time. You can declare your intention to cancel by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter email, via our contact form, with an email to email@example.com or by sending a message using the contact data specified in the legal notice.
5) Please note that we will evaluate your user behaviour when sending the newsletter. For the purpose of this evaluation, emails sent contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which depict one-pixel image files that are stored on our website. In order to carry out the evaluation, we link the data mentioned in § 2 and the web beacons with your email address and an individual ID. Even the links received in the newsletter contain this ID. Data is exclusively collected in a pseudonymous form, in other words, the IDs are not linked with your additional personal details; a direct reference to a particular individual is excluded. Legal basis is Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR. You can revoke this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link that is provided in each email or by informing us with another contact method. The information shall be stored for the duration of your subscription for the newsletter. After having unsubscribed, we store the data in a purely statistical and anonymous way. This type of tracking is also not possible if you have deactivated the display of images in your email programme by default. In this case, the newsletter is not displayed completely and you might not be able to make use of all functions. If you display the images manually, the above tracking is performed.
Disclosing personal data takes place in encrypted form. In addition to end-to-end encryption, a secure-socket-layer (SSL) encryption is also used.
Use of eTracker
1) Data for marketing and optimisation purposes are collected and stored on this website with technologies from etracker GmbH (http://www.etracker.com). This data can be used to create user profiles under a pseudonym. Cookies can be applied to this end. Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in the cache of the website visitor’s internet browser. Cookies make it possible to recognise the internet browser. Data collected with the eTracker technologies shall not be used to personally identify visitors to this website and will not be combined with personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym without the express permission of the data subject. The data collection and storage can be revoked at any time with effect for the future. Please exclude me from the eTracker count:
2) We use eTracker in order to analyse and to regularly improve the way in which our website is used. The statistics obtained enable us to improve our service and to develop it in a way that is more interesting for you as user. The data collected are permanently stored and analysed pseudonymously. Legal basis for the use of eTracker is Article 6 Paragraph 1 p.1 lit. f GDPR.
3) Third-party supplier information: etracker GmbH, Erste Brunnenstraße 1, 20459 Hamburg; https://www.etracker.com/de/datenschutz.html. Legal basis for the use of eTracker is Article 6 Paragraph 1 p.1 lit. f GDPR.
Our website uses the Google Adwords service. Google AdWords is an online advertising programme from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”).
On the one hand, we use the remarketing function within the Google Adwords service. The remarketing function enables us to present our website users with advertisements on other websites within the Google display network (on Google itself, so-called “Google ads” or on other websites) based on their interests. The way in which users interact on our website is analysed for that purpose; for example the offers that users were interested in so as to display users with targeted advertising on other sites even after visiting our website. Google does this by storing a digit in the browsers of users who visit certain Google services or websites in the Google display network. The user's visits are recorded via this digit referred to as a “cookie". This digit serves to uniquely identify a web browser on a certain computer and not for identifying a person; there is no storage of personal data. Legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 Paragraph 1 sub-paragraph f) GDPR.
Further information on Google remarketing as well the data protection declaration from Google can be viewed at: www.google.com/privacy/ads/
Google Conversion Tracking
We also apply the so-called conversion tracking as part of the Google AdWords service. If you click on an advertisement placed by Google, a cookie is stored on your computer/end device for the conversion tracking. These cookies cease to be valid after 30 days, do not contain any personal data and are therefore not used for personal identification. Information that is obtained with the aid of the conversion cookie is intended to compile statistics for AdWords customers that have opted for conversion tracking.
Legal basis for this data processing is Article 6 Paragraph 1 sub-paragraph f) GDPR.
You can prevent cookies from being stored by appropriately adjusting your browser software. However, we must point out that, if you do so, you might not be able to make full use of all the functions on this website. Moreover, in your browser you can deactivate interest-based ads on Google as well as interest-based Google ads on the web (within the Google display network) by activating the “off” button at http://www.google.de/settings/ads or deactivating this at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Further information on your configuration options in this regard and data protection at Google can be found at: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/?fg=1
Google Doubleclick (including SafeFrame and Publisher Tags):
Advertisers will deliver, process, manage and optimise advertisement based on your interests on publishers’ websites via the service/platform DoubleClick of the provider Google Inc. (Google). Cookies are set for this purpose. Within the scope of using Doubleclick, we also use Google Publisher Tags functions, whereby the targeting can be optimally adapted to the content of the website as well as Google SafeFrame for optimising the delivery of advertisements.
You can deactivate the interest-based ads from Google in your browser by clicking on the link “deactivate” in the submenu “deactivation settings” at http://www.google.de/settings/ads or -if you use the browsers Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer- deactivating the DoubleClick cookie by installing the add-on for your browser offered on http://www.google.de/settings/ads.
Use of Google Maps
On our website, we use Google Maps (API) from Google LLC., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Maps is a web service for representing interactive (land) maps, in order to visually depict geographical information. Using this service will show you our location and make it easier for you to reach us.
Already when calling up those subpages in which the Google Maps map is integrated, information about your use of our website (such as your IP address for example) is transferred to Google’s servers in the USA and stored there. This shall apply regardless of whether Google provides a user account to which you are logged in or if there is no user account. If you are logged in at Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not wish for your data to be assigned to your profile at Google, you need to log out before activating the button. Google stores your data (even for users who are not logged in) as user profiles and evaluates these. Such an evaluation shall be carried out in particular as per Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR based on the legitimate interests of Google in the insertion of personalised advertising, market research and/or the customised design of its website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles and you must contact Google in order to do so.
Google LLC with headquarters in the USA is certified for the US-European data protection agreement “Privacy Shield”, which guarantees compliance with the level of data protection valid in the EU.
You can view Google’s conditions of use at http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/terms/regional.html, the additional conditions of use for Google Maps can be found at https://www.google.com/intl/de_US/help/terms_maps.html
1) You have the following rights vis-à-vis us as regards personal data concerning you:
- Right of information
- Right to rectify or delete
- Right to limitation of processing
- Right of objection to processing
- Right to data portability
- Furthermore, you may revoke consent that you previously gave for the collection, processing and use of your personal data at any time with effect for the future. The revocation of the consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out based on the consent up to the revocation.
2) You also have the right to complain at a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
3) In order to exercise your rights, you can simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Mera Tiernahrung GmbH, Industriestraße 16, 47623 Kevelaer.